First Mate was designed to be the functional equivalent of Phoenix III, being 15′ x 5′ 1″ x 5-1/2″ draft with the board up. She uses the same internal layout, rig options, centreboard, and rudder as Phoenix III, but the construction is in sheet plywood using the taped-seam or “Stitch-and-Glue” method – a system which is particularly suitable for inexperienced builders.
- Designed to be sailed, rowed, or powered by a small outboard
- Lightweight Taped-Seam (“Stitch-and-Glue”) construction using sheet plywood
- Built-in buoyancy tanks
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder
- Rig stows within length of boat for trailering
Plans package includes
- 30 sheets of A3 sized drawings
- Oar Patterns
- Comprehensive 70-page instruction manual with sketches and illustrations
- Choice of three different rig options
- Option of Metric or Imperial dimensions
Price $165, including postage and packing.